Sunday, July 24, 2011

GRAND CENOTE

UM....MAYBE NOT!

Leanne was three months pregnant, and I had 8 stitches across my knee, so we decided that snorkelling in fresh water, where swallows were pooping, wasn't likely a good idea.  I'm a bit claustorphobic, but would have tagged along with Leanne, because she's an avid swimmer - but she wasn't keen due to being pregnant.

We paid $8 to get in, which would have been an excellent price for spending the day exploring the caves, but turned out to be the price we paid for a few colorful photographs! 



It looks so beautiful, and there were quite a few people swimming...but it's still hard to know whether or not there are parasites in the water, considering the birds and bats that were flying swooping back and forth.  I'm not sure I will ever snorkel here.



It's truly beautiful here...but still made me feel uneasy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment